Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed. – Mahatma Gandhi
You could just hear the whispers of people’s minds, whispers that are so loaded with greed and Neanderthal selfishness that Akwa Ibom State truly needs deliverance from the actors in question.
People’s minds running like ……. if only Akpabio could stay long enough for me to complete roofing that house at Asong Ama estate! I had more cars to buy and now Akpabio is leaving! Oh my goodness, eight years is up and this regime is over and I still need more money! How can we do the impossible of extending our influence even if Akpabio is leaving? Then in comes the solution of a PuppetMaster called Udom Emmanuel.
People’s brains are now working out advance Calculus; I use to polish Commissioner Enoidem’s shoes and if Udom is in power he must listen to Enoidem, so therefore I will have a chance at survival. My name is so and so and I was the media slave for Governor Akpabio , I insulted everybody I could lay my hands on but if Udom becomes Governor there will be a chance for me to continue with behavior that I knew was stupid at the least! I went after Diaspora with insults and rudeness to impress Aniekan Umanah and the Governor and he gave me crumbs that were so satisfying and now this regime is up. Can I have some more time in the name of Udom?
No, your time is up and your master does not give a damn about you, he has more things to worry about like his underground vault of money!
In the past I wrote an article about what is the greatest punishment of most politicians and I stated that it is “Time”. Eight years looked like a long time for the party to continue but eight years is up and suddenly the looters of the state have discovered that they need more time to continue what they always did and now their new food coupon is called Udom Emmanuel.
So apart from the number of Leeches and Parasites he is about to inherit from Akpabio what else is wrong with Udom Emmanuel ?
Udom Emmanuel’s case first starts with his sponsor’s problem that will be his manual for operation.
- This is the first regime in the history of Akwa Ibom State that has a blatant disregard for the sanctity of human life (Killing people’s Wives, Mothers, dragging people out of church and killing them and the Chief Security Officer of the state declaring death to all electoral contestants that are not hand-picked). It is a long story that ends with a state in which people are afraid to even state the obvious. A state in which people live in fear. The state sponsored terror led to the emergence of copy cats that have plunged the state into more chaos and killings then the fake attempts of “Law Enforcement” to stem the copy cats that imitated what the state introduced in the first place etc.
- The first regime in history that went after elders with a vengeance, insulting Don Etiebiet, Sending Dr Ime Umanah on exile, Elder Ukpanah shot to pieces and his son locked in custody for fear of evidence leaking. For this regime elders who refuse to get on their knees have been taught a lesson. Forget the Annang identity crap also because it does not save you from being marked for destruction as you can see from the examples above.
- The first regime whose major modus operandi was character assassination and defamation of all those who had anything to say that was interpreted as criticism or was interpreted as confrontation. A smiling governor who secretly encouraged this among his subjects and called for the most brutal treatment of his so called enemies because he has the monopoly on communication for Akwa Ibom State.
- The first regime that destroyed the unity of Diaspora because of the incredibly extreme need and desire to be worshipped by all and sundry. Diaspora looked a bit too sophisticated and knowledgeable for this regime’s liking and the fact of the matter was that the regime alone must always be in the spotlight. So a lot of the undesirables in Diaspora where recruited to bring disharmony and disunity in Diaspora. From the creation of the criminal organization, like AIDN to the structure of Diaspora spying on itself. Tribal politics was thrown into the mix to create the perfect storm. Government officials were instructed to insult and defame and degrade and embarrass diaspora at the very hint that they have refused to kneel for the almighty regime. Every, single indignation, was executed by the Akpabio government down to not even having the courtesy to redeem financial pledges it made to AKISAN in conventions they attended (So much power and cannot even redeem financial pledges because AKISAN was infiltrated by puppets).
- The first regime in history to abuse the youth and thumb their noses at the youth and recruit them for slave labor. The youth of Akwa Ibom State were only good for money dispensed in halls leading to stampedes and micro bank schemes that involved hard labor – Hard labor that they would not allow their own children to do. Now that they have ensured that the youth is desperate and hungry, it produces an army of political soldiers that will do anybody’s biddings for crumbs.
- The first administration in the history of Akwa Ibom State to make Intellectual Property theft and Nepotism standardized across the ranks and files of the administration.
- The first Administration in the history of Akwa Ibom State that has a chip on their shoulders as far as journalism and journalist are concerned. For the first time we hear stories of raiding of newspaper companies, getting members of the fifth estate arrested, beating journalist to pulp. Journalist being manhandled and intimidated .A total war against Journalism that is not state controlled and any other truth telling apparatus.
- This will also be the first administration in the history of Akwa Ibom State to short circuit the electoral process to install an Ideological dynasty.
I can go on and on but let’s connect the dots about Udom based on the points above;
First lie being sold to the people; he refused the position of Central Bank Governor to become SSG. This is the glamorous hero story being used to depict this man as being ready to give up stuff like Jesus Christ on the cross. The problem with the story is that there are far more qualified people in Nigeria to fill that seat. There is no evidence to prove that he was offered this position by Jonathan Goodluck.
Second lie being told to the public is that Udom’s administration will stop corruption instantly. They childishly use the fact that the present Governor is very generous and the state does not need that anymore. That’s a Cock and Bull story because the generous dash money from the Governor comprises of 0.001% of the total revenue of the Coffers. There is the other money, we should worry about that disappears, that has nothing to do with money dashed to crumb eaters. The sell point is that he is an auditor by profession and that in the same vein he will not give a penny to anyone. There are some lies that is good to tell five year old kids and this particular lie is being peddled by the very people who have financially rip the state of everything.
Udom is not a career politician; this is true. However there is no research/documentation in the world that proves a white collar worker makes a better leader than a career politician.
Also there is a danger when a neophyte like Udom just walks into the arena as a sponsored candidate with no knowledge of the political landscape. There will be an agreement on what he must do “As payment for being installed”. He has no knowledge of the fact that he is being played as a pawn because he is all excited with being able to rub shoulders with “Governor” .Hence his administration will be a continuation of the vices I have described.
Udom is not a decent man and here is the reason why.
Umanah Okon Umanah was removed from office on allegations that he started his campaign to be the Governor of Akwa Ibom State way too early for comfort. However, I do not remember him declaring his gubernatorial ambitions anywhere.
Hon Bassey Albert as a very powerful Motivator and Organizer was invited to a secret meeting that involved the Governor giving out strategies to hand pick a Gubernatorial candidate. There, Hon. Bassey Albert told him clearly, to get his hands off the electoral process and not pencil a candidate into power, let the elections be free and fair. The Governor got angry and created the cabinet shuffle to get rid of the Hon Bassey Albert. Now if Udom was a decent man, based on these stories, he would have said to the Governor, “Your Excellency, based on how these individuals were ousted out of office, please do not start a campaign on my behalf until I resign my post and declare my candidature”. Instead he is so comfortable with the Governor cheating with the process on his behalf. Now Uyo town is full of the local posters with the bush term “Udomestication”.
Nothing new just the same tactics like the spread of other funny words like “Akpabioism”.
I mean Udom leaves a lot to be desired as a former Zenith Bank Exco and PriceWaterhouseCooper Operative if he insists on campaigning while still in office and using the bush technicality, to explain that he has not declared anything, hence we should ignore all campaigns done on his behalf. For a banker he is not that law abiding as alleged. He is another megalomaniac that thinks he deserves special treatment while others were ousted on technicalities he is violating himself.
He has also relied on the bush man explanation that those campaigning on his behalf are doing it independently and the question is, “Should I force them to stop speaking freely?” How can you even stop them when they are sponsored from Hilltop Mansion is what you should rather say!
Well it is easy to deal with that, that’s why Oyinbo declares at the end of every political message,” This is so and so and I approve of this message!” You do not need to give such clarification anyway because I enjoy picturing Udom based on Aniekeme Finbarr’s analogy of him being a Mango tree with all the flies buzzing around it. That’s what happens when you leave your high powered financial world and join ranks with sycophants. You could be compared with a Hibiscus flower and Emmanuel Nicholas will merge your name with bible verses thereby creating the need for another bible version (Udom Emmanuel Version). Watch out for his next praise and worship pieces because he needs spare parts for that his Range Rover.
Udom is an extension of this government, with the pitiful publicity stunts of donating chairs to Primary schools. No need for the publicity, just donate them. You always see an Akpabio politician standing in front of a few bags of rice to be given to four poor people with the state sponsored Media all over the place, (like the poor people were chosen by lottery) and that has been the hallmark of Akpabioism and the promise of respite that never came. After months of unpaid salaries your bet is as good as mine about the true state of the masses.
Look,” Kpomo no get advert but it sells more than indomie!”
They can advertise Udom using the State’s money, day and night. Yep we will see the Neanderthal Udomistication, Udomific, Udomation etc. However this election does not belong to Godswill Obot Akpabio or Udom Emmanuel , it belongs to the youth and people of Akwa Ibom State.
Let me remind the youth ,there are fine roads but beware of the fact that if things continue the way they are going ,you will never have a car to drive on those roads, you will spend your life praising fine roads. Ibom Power plant is just there for selling electricity for Governor’s pockets, for youth like you, plan for a Generator and borehole.
Governor built Le Meridien abi? Let’s see the youth go and buy drinks there and relax. Banquet Hall is beautiful and I bet that beauty is all you need to be able to survive in the kind of poverty we are seeing back home. Has the youth been able to squeeze into the Civil Service yet as promised? 31 industries ? Something ?
True philanthropist, like the Hon Bassey Albert knows about the plight of the youth and are working tirelessly to alleviate the suffering of the youth. That’s why when the PDP National Chairman came to Akwa Ibom State the youth at the airport took off the crappy Udom t-shirts and revealed the true people’s champion underneath. To hell with the 3,000 Naira you gave them to wear the t-shirts (Equivalent of $12). Is that what you think the youth of Akwa Ibom State are worth?
Udom thought you guys are worth $12 to wear his t-shirts and stand in the Airport in the sun. Then Governor will wave at his t-shirt wearing slaves with the National Chairman and then move into the air-conditioned lounge while you guys remain in the sun.
Udom is the extension of that system and his own will be worst. His secret motto is,” Support me while you die of hunger”. “Support me because Governor is my Father”. “Support me because Uyo is beautiful”.
Udom’s government infested campaign system is so crappy that supporting it will lead to another name rush. It was said that in this last regime marrying an “Akpabio” family member was the real deal to escape from hunger, this time marrying anybody with the surname “Emmanuel” will be hot !
Right now let’s not deceive ourselves. There are only two men that when you meet them you feel the motivation and hope for a better future and that is Hon Bassey Albert and Hon Umanah Okon Umanah.
Get ready for another long, hard eight years of an Akpabio remote controlled Udom. He is planning to bring low paying assembly line slavery jobs to Uyo in the name of industry; just like China. Uyo and the state will have nice roads and great buildings while the masses are broke. Scared and broke.
He will award a lot of contracts and they will divide the cash among themselves and there will be a lot of underground business (He has already started with the campaign posters from outside the state). Contracts will be completed by Oyinbo and Yoruba and Igbo people – close affiliates. Meanwhile the indigenes will be totally destroyed with lack of resources and tribal conflict and unrest. When he is done, Udom will choose his successor and also seizes the senate seat from some unfortunate region in good measure.
Are you guys not tired? You are not tired of being scared and broke? That’s ok, I will remind you that I told you so !
Clayton “Bane” Udoh